REDDING


         



Redding Plat 1894


     The town of Redding was incorporated in 1882 but actually had a post office established there on August 30, 1855. In its prime, Redding recorded a population of more than 300. It had several churches, banks and other businesses common to towns.

    An article scanned from the Mt. Ayr Record-News about the Redding Bank Robbery


     Redding and Diagonal were two of the first towns in the state to get dial phone service. This was in 1968.



Return to Current Towns of Ringgold County

Come HOME to Ringgold County, Iowa