MARENA

 

The town of Marena was located in Section 22 of Lincoln Township. There was a mill owned by G. A. Wyant on the east bank of the Platte River. The first store was built by Delacey Gard. He was also the first postmaster; from 1872-1885.



Return to Ringgold County Pioneer Towns list
Come HOME to Ringgold County, Iowa