The town was laid out on a branch of the CB & Q railroad. The first regular passenger train came through Kellerton on September 22, 1879. The first station agent for the railroad was J. Perry Wiley.
Most of Kellerton's population migrated from the small village of New Chicago, about a mile south. Population was listed at about 300 in 1886. Today, population is around 200.
Come HOME to Ringgold County, Iowa