KEW

 

The town of Kew was located in Jefferson Township and had a post office from 1882-1889.
W. D. Heaton was the first postmaster.
Kew got its name from the Q in the C. B. and Q. railroad.
It was spelled KEW for some added flair. Kew eventually lost its identity to the new town of Diagonal.



Return to Ringgold County Pioneer Towns list
Come HOME to Ringgold County, Iowa