Eugene was a village in the northeastern part of Section 13 of Jefferson Township.
It held a post office and store from 1858-1887.
It was a thriving community until the railroad came along.
This town was mostly moved to Tingley.
We have this account from 1879.
Eugene had an $8,000 fire. The post office and store were completely devoured by fire, leaving Mr. Swain to view the ashes.